The Power of Choice
I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live, by loving the LORD, your God, heeding his voice, and holding fast to him. For that will mean life for you, a long life for you to live on the land that the LORD swore he would give to your fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob." Deuteronomy 30: 18 - 20
The gift of choice and free will.
God in His infinite wisdom have given us the power to reject Him or embrace Him.
He has given us the capacity to embrace life or embrace death.
Everyday we encounter several choices:
Will I drown myself in alcohol or drink something else.
Will I cheat in school exam or answer the exam on my own?
Will I go to the church or miss the worship?
Will I spend time in prayer before the Lord or forget about it because I have other things to do?
Will I read the Bible or do something else since I find the Bible boring?
Will I forgive the people who have hurt me or hold my grudges on them?
Will I watch a pornographic video or watch something else?
Will I curse and use profane words or simply speak out my arguments calmly?
Will I glorify God of my action or do whatever I feel like doing?
Every second we are bombarded with many choices.
Choose God. Choose Life.
I made my choice to say yes to God 14 years ago.
The journey is not a bed of roses. Sometimes the road is wide and gay. At times the road is long and winding and the journey is tiring.
In hindset, saying yes to the Lord is the best decision I have ever made in my life.
And If I will be given a chance to decide again, I will never hesitate to say my yes to God.
No comments:
Post a Comment