Wednesday, March 4, 2009

REBUKING THE DEVIL

REBUKING THE DEVIL
“This kind can only come out through prayer.” – Mark 9:29
(Editor's Note: Even up to this modern times, we still have encounter with the devil indirectly or sometimes directly as what happened on the story. Here is a personal story recounted by Ronna taken from didache.)
I never go to bed without blessing my children with holy water as I make the sign of the cross on their foreheads and pronounce a blessing over them. One night, as I blessed one of my daughters who was burning with fever, she moaned as she slept soundly. I was then led to sprinkle her whole body with holy water. Suddenly, she bolted up and started screaming as if in extreme pain. She turned away from me and tried to climb the wall by her bedside as though she was trying to escape. Every time the holy water touched her skin, she would scream excruciatingly. I began to rebuke the evil spirit that was oppressing her. I continued to pray in tongues until she calmed down and fell asleep again.
(Ed's Note: Charismatic Renewal has bring forth gifts of the Holy Spirit. One of them is the gift of tongues. It is the utterance of prayer in a different language or dialect more often a dialect not understandable to the person saying the prayer.)
The next day, she woke up without any recollection of what happened the night before. Also, her fever was gone. It was neither my prayer that did it nor because I was “spiritually strong.” Praying just aligned me with the will of God, which allowed Him to work through me.
Yes, Jesus still casts out demons in this day and age through us who believe in His sovereignty over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment